Sunday, March 22, 2009

St Vincent Meals on Wheels- A Great Charity

Many people say that conservatives are heartless because we oppose government programs that provide assistance to the needy. In my case the operative word is 'government program. I totally support providing assistance to our less fortunate American citizens. I want the ability to review these programs and select programs that I find worthy.

My wife recently visited an charitable organization that I find worthy of my support. This group is St Vincent's Meals on Wheels. They are doing some great work in Los Angeles. Here is there description of what they do from their website

"Since 1977, St. Vincent Meals on Wheels has delivered life-saving meals and warm greetings to homebound and hungry seniors and disabled or seriously ill adults across Los Angeles. From Skid Row to West Hollywood, the Hollywood Hills to South L.A., we deliver to over 2,500 clients a day. We also help clients who are unable to live alone by referring them to medical care and social services. St. Vincent Meals on Wheels serves anyone in need regardless of age, race, illness, disability, religion or ability to pay. "

During my wife's visit to this organization she was very impressed by this organization's compassion and commitment to helping people. I strongly urge you to take a look at their website and decide if this is an organization worthy of your support. Here is a link to the site.

http://stvincentmow.org/difference/organization/organization.html

No comments:

Post a Comment