Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wear a Helmet When Skiing or Biking

This may seem like an odd posting for this site, but its something that I feel passionate about. The actress, Natasha Richardson, recently died from a skiing accident. From all reports it wasn't a major fall. She did hit her head, causing internal injuries to the brain.

I have been skiing for a long time. I was a ski instructor for several years. I have been injured twice skiing, both times on intermediate slopes, that I can ski in my sleep. I now wear a helmet whenver I ski or bike. As we need all of the good conservatives out there to stay alive, please do one thing. Wear a helmet when skiing or biking. accidents aren't always your fault, they can happen unexpectedly. A helmet can prevent death or major injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment